Instead of deleting the second record, it is preferable to merge the two records by following the steps below:
- Under Patients, click Patient List.
- Search for the duplicated record and click it.
- From the patient's General page, click Edit at the top-right of the screen.
- Click Merge at the top-right of the screen.
- Enter the name of the destination record (the current patient's record will become part of the destination record's file).
- Click Next. A list will appear, displaying all of the records to be merged.
- Click Merge.
- Click OK to complete the merge.
Once this is complete, the current patient's record will become part of the destination record. This cannot be undone.