An expired Medicare card has been used.
The patient's Medicare card needs to be updated, followed by a patient verification on the Funding page.
- Go to the patient's profile page and click the Funding tab.
- In the Claims & Referrals section, click the Edit (pencil) icon next to the Medicare Card Number .
- Enter the new Medicare Card Number, Individual Reference Number and Expiry Date.
- Click Submit.
- Click the blue Patient Verification icon to the left of the Medicare Card Number to verify the number is correct.
- If verification is successful, return to the invoice and reprocess the claim.
If there is still a problem, contact the patient or call Medicare on 1800 700 199.