With Halaxy, you can group fees together on the one invoice to sell as a package to patients or organisations. These are called package invoices or package bookings.
For example, you may sell a discounted package of appointments - such as when a patient pays for five appointments for the price of four - and charge the patient upfront for the future bookings.
Creating a package
Before you add a package to an invoice, you must first create a package and choose which fees to include in it.
To create a package:
- Click Finances > Fees, then click the Packages tab.
- Click New Package in the top-right of the screen.
- Enter the Name of the package and include a Description (optional).
- Select the package type. There are two types of packages to choose from:
- Itemised: where the total amount for the package booking is calculated based on the total of the fees you select in the Fees area; and
- Packaged: you determine the total amount the package will cost, regardless of how much the individual fees cost.
- In the Fees section, Click Add Another Fee and enter the Quantity of the fee to include in the package booking.
- Enter the name of the required fee and select it from the drop-down list. If you are creating a new fee to add to your Fee List, type the full name of the fee and select Add as a new fee at the bottom of the list in the drop-down menu.
- If more than one type of fee is to be included in the package, click Add Another Fee to add more fees. The package can include a mix of any type of fee (e.g. appointment and item) and for any funding body.
- Click Save Package.
RESULT: You can now add this package to an invoice. When you create an invoice with this package, all of the fees are displayed (for each of the appointments). You can add the appointment dates now or as patients make the appointments. Alternatively, when you next create an appointment for the patient with one of the fees under the package invoice, Halaxy automatically links the package invoice to that appointment.
Adding a package to an invoice
To create a package invoice:
- Click Finances > Invoices.
- Click New Invoice at the top-right of the page and select Package as the invoice type.
- Select which package you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
- Choose whether you are invoicing a patient or an organisation, then enter the corresponding name and select the practitioner and location.
- Click Submit to generate your package invoice.
From the generated invoice, you can click the Edit (pencil) icon next to each fee line to add the appointment details.
Alternatively, you can create an appointment as you would do normally (from the patient's record or from the calendar) for the same patient using one of the fees you have included in your package and Halaxy will automatically apply the package to it.