This can happen with third-party billing when the payer is set as "organisation" and the rebate amount is different to the total amount (Halaxy creates an invoice billing the organisation for the rebate amount as well as an invoice billing the patient for the remainder). To avoid this situation, make sure the rebate amount is the same as the fee total for your third-party fees.
This situation can be fixed by reverting the fee back to the patient and then billing it to the organisation. Follow the steps below:
- Open the invoice which is billed to the organisation.
- To the right of the fee, click the Delete (Trash) icon. The Remove Fee pop-up screen appears.
- Click "Revert the fee back to the patient", then click Submit.
The fee is now reverted, but the invoice is still billed to the patient. The next step is to change the invoice so that it is billed to the organisation:
- Click on the cog wheel on the top right-hand side of the screen. The Invoice Summary pop-up appears.
- From the Payer drop-down menu, click Organisation.
- Click Submit.
One invoice now remains, which is billed correctly to the organisation.