There may be situations where you have to reverse the status of a completed claim, for example:
- the bank details were incorrect; or
- the practitioner called after the claim went through to cancel.
To reverse the claim:
- From the invoice, click the Completed link in the Patient Rebates section. The online Claim History pop-up opens.
- Click the Edit icon next to Successful. The Edit Medicare Item Details pop-up opens.
- Click the Reason drop-down menu and select a reason.
- Click Save.
The invoice now shows as Not processed, and you can reprocess the claim.