- Go to the patient's General page by clicking their name from the Patient List or from an appointment.
- In the Contact Details section, click Add Contact (to the right).
- Select the Relationship type (such as Father).
- From the Contact Type drop-down menu, select Emergency.
- Enter the name of the contact and select their name from the drop-down list. If the contact is not a current patient or if they do not have an existing record. select to add them as a new contact / patient.
- Complete the rest of the details and click Save.
You can create multiple emergency contacts (in the case of divorced parents, for example) by repeating this process for multiple contacts.