The Clinical Dashboard feature allows you to view and track your patients' health by displaying key measures at a glance.
Patient information you collect via Clinical Tools and templates is recorded in your patient's clinical notes. Any question used in a clinical tool or template can be set as a 'tracker' on a Clinical Dashboard. By choosing which trackers you would like to display on a Clinical Dashboard, you can create a snapshot of your patient's health on any given date, which you can then track over time. You can also add clinical tools themselves to a dashboard.
Whenever you or your patient completes a clinical tool or template, the data entered is recorded in their clinical notes. If the data has been set as tracker, it also appears on their Clinical Dashboard.
Using the Clinical Dashboard, you can:
- see a history of patient interactions on the one screen (i.e. information you regularly record, such as height, weight, BMI, mood or pain)
- track a patient's glucose level or other data over time
- record dosage details of medication you dispense to a patient every month
- record the results of a patient’s pain recovery diary after surgery
- and much more
Creating questions to use as data
Data that can be tracked on the Clinical Dashboard is saved as "Questions" in Halaxy. You can see your list of questions by clicking Settings > Clinical, then clicking the Questions tab.
Questions can be created when you create a clinical tool. You can also create new questions, or import existing questions from Halaxy's database, by following the steps below:
- Clicking Settings > Clinical, then click the Questions tab.
- Click Add Question at the top-right of the page. The Add question page appears.
- In the Question/Title field, you can type part of question to import it from Halaxy's database (for example, Halaxy's database contains the standard questions appearing on K10 or DASS21 psychological assessment forms). To enter a new question, simply type the question in the Question/Title field.
- Choose the answer type:
- Free text: the patient can type out an answer. Can be displayed as a textbox, small textbox, or inline text editor.
- Single choice: the patient can enter single answer. Can be displayed as radio buttons, a drop-down menu, a slider, or a magic lookup field.
- Multiple choice: the patient can enter single answer. Can be displayed as radio buttons, a drop-down menu, a slider, or a magic lookup field.
- Annotatable drawing/image: upload an image or select one from Halaxy's preset library that the patient can annotate.
- Numeric value: the patient can enter a numeric value. Can be displayed as a numeral or decimal. You can optionally add a measurement (kg, cm, BPM etc.)
- Date/time: the patient can enter a date and/or time.
- Choose the display type. Available options depend on the Answer Type.
- In the "Sub text (description)" field, enter a description for the question that will appear to patients. This can include instructions for completing the question.
- Click Save.
Questions can then be added to any clinical tool.
NOTE: Questions do not have to be in question form. For example, you can create a question simply called "Height".
Adding questions to clinical tools
You can create a clinical tool containing questions you have created. Clinical tools can be imported into a clinical note in a patient's record. When you or your patient completes the clinical note, the data is saved; any such data that is set as a tracker on your Clinical Dashboard template will appear on your patient's Clinical Dashboard.
Creating a default dashboard template and adding trackers to it
A Clinical Dashboard can contain any question or clinical tool you have created or imported.
A default dashboard template is created for each practice group; however, individual practitioners within a group can create their own default dashboard templates.
To edit your default dashboard template or to create your own:
- Click Settings > General.
- In the Clinical Settings section, click the Edit (pencil) icon next to "Clinical dashboard". The Clinical Dashboard screen appears.
- To edit the practice default dashboard template, click Modify Dashboard. To edit an individual practitioner's dashboard template, click the Edit (pencil) icon to the right of the practitioner's name.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the dashboard (e.g. "Health Summary").
- To add a tracker to the dashboard, click Add Tracker. Enter the name of the tracker in the text field and click on it in the drop-down menu that appears.
- To add a clinical tool or template to the dashboard, click Add Tool/Template. Enter the name of the tool or template in the text field and click on it in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Save.
Accessing a patient's Clinical Dashboard
To view a patient's clinical dashboard, go to their patient profile and click the Clinical Dashboard tab.