There may be more fees (or appointments or services) on the invoice then you are expecting due to either the funder settings or the client's claim settings. For example, if the funder is set to "existing invoice, same patient", this means that the fees are automatically assigned to an existing invoice for the same patient and the same third-party organisation.
To change the funder payer settings:
- Under Finances, click Fees.
- Click the Funders tab.
- Search for the funder and click it to open it.
- In the Payments Details section, click the Payer drop-down menu and change the option.
- Tick the checkbox next to "Update all current patients' claims for this Funder with the Payer details".
- Click Save.
To change the patient's claim settings:
- Go to the client's profile by clicking their name from the Patient List or from an appointment.
- Click the Funding tab.
- In the Claim & Referrals section, click the Edit icon for the claim.
- Make your changes and click Submit.
This will prevent multiple fees from appearing on invoices in the future.