You have three choices when it comes to electronic processing fees. You can:
- Always pass on the fee
- Never pass on the fee
- Choose when you want to pass on the fee ("Optional").
If you choose "Optional" or "Always", the fee to be charged is displayed on the invoice.
To set up your preference:
- Under Settings, click Payments.
- In the Auto Payment Settings section, click the Edit icon under Deposits next to the practitioner whose preferences you want to edit (or click Add New to add a new practitioner).
- The "Auto Payments: deposit preferences" pop-up appears. In the Fee Allocation selection, select your preferred choice.
- Click Save.
If you choose "Optional", on the invoice, you can decide whether to pass on the fee or not.
- From the invoice, click Process Now (or Process Rebate etc).
- Select Yes or No for the "Assign credit card fees to the patient" radio button.
- If you select Yes, the fee plus total to be charged is displayed.
- You can also include a note which can be included on the invoice.
- Click Process.