Halaxy integrates with Tyro EFTPOS terminals for health fund claiming and EFTPOS payments. Tyro uses up-to-date technology to process health fund claims and payments and is known for its reliability and service. There are no contracts, set-up fees, administration fees or exit fees, and Tyro covers 98% of the private health-insured population. Tyro also works with any bank, so you do not need to change your bank to use Tyro. Connecting your Halaxy profile with your Tyro terminal eliminates rekeying errors, streamlines claiming and makes reconciliation fast and easy.
How to start using Tyro
If you don't yet have a Tyro terminal, contact Tyro via their web form or by phone on 1300 729 468. Tyro can confirm their latest fees for their service. You must complete two forms which are available from Tyro:
- Tyro EFTPOS Banking Application, to process EFTPOS payments through Tyro; and
- Provider Registration form, which enables you to claim health fund rebates.
Tyro normally ships your Tyro terminal within 10 days of processing your application.
How to connect Tyro and your Halaxy profile
You can connect your Tyro EFTPOS terminal to your Halaxy profile by following the steps below:
- Under Settings, click Integrations.
- In the Tyro section, click Add Terminal.
- Select the Level setting:
- Group level: when all practitioners in the group use the same terminal and all payments are processed to the one account;
- Clinic level: when multiple practice locations use the one terminal and payments are processed to different accounts depending on the practice location; and
- Individual level: when you work in multiple clinics and may need to switch between a group terminal and your own terminal, both of which are linked to your own accounts.
- Enter the Merchant ID and Terminal ID (found in the Configuration Settings on the Tyro terminal).
- On your Tyro terminal, select "Configuration Setting", then "Integrated EFTPOS" and "Pair with POS".
- In Halaxy, click Pair.
- Press Start on the Tyro terminal (Authorise POS).
- Once connected, click Save in Halaxy.
Note: If you receive the following messages: "An error has occurred, please try again" or "Error: Transaction already in progress"; this means that pairing was attempted twice before a response was received from the terminal. You should close all windows (or log out of Halaxy) and start the process again.
Using Tyro EFT to process payments in Halaxy
To use your Tyro terminal to process payments in Halaxy:
- Go to the invoice.
- In the Payment section, click Mark as Paid next to the fee you want to process.
- In the Method drop-down menu, select "Tyro EFT" and click Save.
- You will be prompted to swipe the patient's card on your Tyro terminal. Once processed, your invoice will automatically be marked as paid.
Processing health fund claims and gap payments through Tyro
You can complete the following steps to process health fund claims through your Tyro terminal:
- Click the Tyro claim button on the invoice in the Payments section;
- Select your provider number in the Provider Number drop-down menu, and add any relevant service reference in the Patient ID menu;
- Click the Estimate button and swipe the patient's health fund card in your Tyro terminal and wait for the response and the gap payment amount that appears on your Tyro terminal;
- Accept the claim on your Halaxy, which updates your Halaxy invoice with the Tyro claim amount; and
- Process the gap payment through Tyro or through Halaxy electronic payments processing - alternatively you can take cash for the gap payment and mark the invoice as paid.
Refunding gap payments through Tyro
Health fund claims cannot be refunded but you can refund gap payments through Halaxy by clicking the Refund button and entering the refund amount on your Tyro terminal and clicking the Yes button on your Halaxy. The refund is processed to the patient's account that was originally used to process the gap payment (the account cannot be altered).