Halaxy integrates directly with Reckon so invoices and expenses you create in Halaxy are automatically replicated in Reckon, saving you time and effort, and also making it easier for your accountants and other advisers to provide you with accounting and bookkeeping services.
Syncing and connecting your Halaxy with your Reckon account
You can connect your Halaxy with your Reckon account by following these steps:
- Under Settings, click Payments.
- In the Accounting section. click Add New.
- Select whether you want to sync Halaxy at a group, clinic or individual level:
- Group: all invoices, expenses and payments for the practice group can sync into the one Reckon account;
- Clinic: invoices, expenses and payments for a specific practice location will sync to a specific Reckon account, with clinic-specific preferences;
- Individual: An individual practitioner's invoices, expenses and payments will sync into a Reckon account. You can choose to further specify whether this is for All locations or Selected clinics only.
- Click Reckon. You are taken to a Reckon log-in page.
- Log in to your Reckon account and select all three boxes under Application Access. Then click "Yes, Allow" to authorise the connection between your Reckon and Halaxy accounts. After the connection is approved, the page refreshes and you are taken back to your Halaxy Payments page.
- Select a cashbook to sync: You then need to select the Cashbook account to sync with Halaxy and select Continue.
- Customise your revenue and expense preferences: After the connection is enabled, you can tailor where invoices, expenses and payments are synced in Reckon. You also have the option of further specifying your preferences by fee category (for revenue) and payment method (for invoice and expense payments). Click the Edit icon to the right of the Reckon line in the Accounting section of the Payments page in order to:
- Choose the date from which you want your Halaxy and Reckon accounts synced;
- Select which revenue and expenses charts of accounts you want to use;
- Select which invoice payments and expense payments charts of accounts you want to use;
- Select if you want to anonymise patient names in Reckon - in which case the patient name is replaced with the patient's unique Halaxy ID (which can be seen in the URL when you are viewing the patient's profile);
- Select if you want to sync only invoices with a payment (i.e. invoices for which an auto payment has been processed, or invoices that have been marked as partially or fully paid); and
- Select if you want to exclude payments syncing for invoices and/or expenses.
How syncing works
After your Halaxy and Reckon accounts are synced, the connection is continuous and permanent, so invoices, expenses and payments you create in Halaxy automatically appear in your Reckon account. This means that you do not need to re-sync your accounts whenever you create an invoice because invoices created in Halaxy automatically appear in your Reckon account.
All types of invoices created in Halaxy are synced to your Reckon account, including invoices to patients, organisations, third parties and funding bodies (who are automatically added to your list of contacts in Reckon if they are not already listed as contacts), with the Halaxy invoice number synced across to your Reckon account.
You can view your Halaxy invoices in your Reckon list of Invoices when you are logged into your Reckon account (the invoice number shown in Halaxy is synced across to your Reckon account). You can view a particular Halaxy invoice in your Reckon account by clicking the Invoices link on the left hand menu bar, then selecting an invoice from the list of invoices displayed. You are then taken to the invoice in Reckon. The fee name, fee amount and tax rate are automatically shown as are the amount owing and amount paid. Deposits made in Halaxy are counted as customer adjustment notes; if a patient's deposit is assigned in Halaxy to a particular invoice, the customer adjustment note is drawn down in Reckon.
You can view the sync history by clicking the brown View history on the top right of the page.
When the invoice is paid in Halaxy (either because you have marked the invoice as paid or because the payment was processed electronically), the invoice is automatically marked as paid in Reckon and the payment shown in the correct chart of accounts.
All expenses created in Halaxy are synced to your Reckon account automatically, which you can see in your Reckon list of Expenses when you are logged into your Reckon account. You can view a particular Halaxy expense in your Reckon account by clicking the Reckon button at the top right of the expense and, in the Reckon sync history, clicking the link to the expense in Reckon.
Things to note
Below are a number of things to note regarding your synced Halaxy and Reckon accounts:
- One way syncing: The syncing between your Halaxy and Reckon accounts is one-way. Invoices, expenses and payments created in Halaxy automatically appear in your Reckon account but invoices, expenses and payments created in your Reckon account do not automatically appear in your Halaxy account. Therefore if you mark an invoice as paid in Reckon , the invoice payment status contradicts the invoice payment status in Halaxy. The payment status in Reckon is not synced across to Halaxy so you need to update the invoice status in Halaxy.
- Payment methods: whereas payment methods are tracked in Halaxy, they are not tracked in Reckon so payment methods recorded in Halaxy are not synced to Reckon.
- Auto payments: Halaxy invoices that have been paid through auto payments are fully synced with your Reckon account when the funds have been disbursed to you, usually two business days after the payment is processed, which you can see on your Auto Payments reports. Auto-payment charges appears as an expense in Reckon.
- Rebates processed (in Australia): invoices with bulk bill and DVA rebates paid to you are fully synced with your Reckon account when the rebates have been paid to you, which you can confirm on your Medicare reports.
- Partially paid invoices: Partially paid invoices appear in your Reckon account with a status of "Unpaid".
- Identical contact names: You cannot sync identical contact names. If two invoices have the same contact name, the second invoice will fail. You will need to open the invoice in Reckon and change the Display name. Then go back to Halaxy, open the affected invoice and resync.
Unsyncing your Halaxy from your Reckon account
You can unsync your Halaxy and your Reckon account at any time by clicking the Cancel icon at the right of the Reckon line in the Accounting section of the Payments page. Confirm that you want to revoke the connection and click the Save button to sever the link between your Halaxy and your Reckon account. You can reconnect your Halaxy and Reckon accounts at any time.
Unsyncing your Halaxy and Reckon accounts does not unsync any of the data that has already been synced.
Changing which accounts are synced
If you want to change which Halaxy account or which Reckon account is used for syncing, unsync the accounts you do not want to be synced, and then sync the accounts you do want to be synced.
Reporting on syncing
You can produce a report to see all invoices, expenses and deposits with their syncing status. You can create this report by selecting the Finances page under the Reports section.