Halaxy integrates with the Coviu online video consultations platform so that you can use telehealth to see and treat patients online through Halaxy. The Coviu platform is backed by the CSIRO, is secure and works with high speed and low speed internet. You and your patients do not need to download software to use Coviu.
Because Coviu is integrated into your Halaxy, you can:
- process patient appointment fee payments automatically at the time of the appointment;
- create invoices automatically; and
- send SMS and email reminders
for online consultations in the same way as for traditional appointments.
How to connect your Coviu account with your Halaxy
Your Coviu account and Halaxy are connected, which you can see listed under Clinical Integrations on your Settings page.
You can add practitioners in your practice listed on your Users page to your Coviu account, and connect them to your Coviu account and Halaxy. All practitioners connected to your Coviu account are shown in the Coviu section of Clinical Integrations.
Seeing patients online in Halaxy and Coviu
- Create an appointment in Halaxy and select the patient and fee.
- Change the appointment location to Online Consultation in the Location drop-down menu.
- Save the appointment.
The appointment location is saved as Online Consultation, which is shown as a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink to enter the Coviu appointment session at the time of the appointment (clicking the hyperlink before the time of the appointment takes you to a screen that shows the appointment has not yet begun). Click the Back button on your browser to return to your Halaxy calendar after the end of your Coviu appointment session.
Each Coviu appointment session has a unique link which protects security and patient confidentiality. You can share the unique Coviu appointment link with the patient in the following ways:
- If the patient's email address is listed on the General page of the patient's profile: click the email icon next to the Online Consultation hyperlink in the calendar to automatically review and send the link to the patient via email, so that the patient can click the link to enter the Coviu appointment session at the time of the appointment
- If the patient's email address is not listed on the General page of the patient's profile: click the question mark icon next to the Online Consultation hyperlink in the calendar to see and copy the unique Coviu appointment link so you can send the link to your patient via your own email account
You can also email the patient the Coviu appointment link via the General page of their Halaxy patient profile if they have their email address listed. Click the Email icon to send an email to the patient:
Disconnecting your Coviu account from your Halaxy
Please email Halaxy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to disconnect your Coviu account from your Halaxy.
Please email Coviu at email@example.com if you want to deactivate your Coviu account.