Online Bookings allow your patients to book appointments directly into your calendar using Halaxy's free online booking service, available through the Halaxy directory or embedded directly into your own website.
With the option of time-specific or request-based online bookings, as well as the ability to approve or reject an appointment before it is confirmed, Halaxy gives you complete flexibility to set different preferences for each practitioner at each of your practice locations.
After you have confirmed an online booking, the appointment is automatically added to your calendar and handled in the same way as any other appointment, including being subject to SMS and email reminders.
Enabling your directory profile and online bookings
Before you can enable online bookings, your directory profile must be visible in the Halaxy directory.
Making your directory profile visible
- Click Settings > Personal.
- In the Directory Profile section, click Edit.
- Set your Directory profile to be "Public" or "Enabled not searchable" ("Enabled not searchable" means that your profile is visible and can be linked to, but it will not appear in search results when someone searches the Halaxy directory).
RESULT: Your profile is now listed in the Halaxy directory, and you can now enable online bookings.
Enabling Online Bookings and editing your Directory Profile preferences
- Click Personal > Locations.
- For the location and practitioner you want to enable online bookings for, click the Edit (pencil) icon in the Online Bookings and Profile Preferences section:
- You will now be in the Edit Practice Booking Preferences screen:
- In the Directory profile section, set your profile to Public. This is required for patients to be able to make online bookings.
- In the Directory Profile section, choose to set your phone number, street address, email address, hours and fees to public or hidden as desired. If you would like patients to be able to email you but do not wish to display your email address, set your Email to "Hidden" but tick the "Contact Button" checkbox.
- In the Online Bookings section, set Online Bookings to Enabled.
- Set your Online Booking Preferences and click Submit.
RESULT: Your online bookings are now enabled for the location, and patients can make or request bookings through the Halaxy directory.
What fees and services appear on my Online Bookings page?
You can change whether or not fees are visible on your Online Bookings page by editing your Directory Profile preferences (see Step 5 in Enabling Online Bookings and editing your Directory Profile preferences, above).
If fees are set to Public in your Directory Profile settings, your Online Bookings page will display:
- all current fees in your Fees List that are set to "Visible"
- Appointment Types that you have set to Active and bookable online. If the Appointment Type has a fee that is set to Visible, the fee will also be displayed.
If fees are set to Hidden in your Directory Profile settings, your Online Bookings page will display:
- Appointment Types that you have set to Active and bookable online. If the Appointment Type has a fee, the fee will not be shown, regardless of whether or not the fee is set to Visible.
You can check if a fee is visible by clicking on it in the Fees List. The Visibility is shown in the Pricing section:
Click the Edit (pencil) icon to change the fee visibility.
NOTE: You can only set appointment fees to be bookable online; it is not possible to add item or pro-rata fees to your Online Bookings page, even if they have been made visible in your Halaxy.
Requesting a deposit when making an online booking
With Halaxy, you have the option of requesting a deposit from your patients when they make an online booking. You have the flexibility to request how much of the fee total as a percentage you want to set as the deposit amount when your patients make the booking.
To enable the deposit function:
- Click Personal > Locations.
- Find the practice location you wish to enable a deposit for. In the Online Bookings and Profile Preferences section, click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- Scroll down to the payments section. In the drop-down menu, select "Deposit required" and set how much of the fee total as a percentage you want your patients to pay as a deposit.
- Click Submit.
RESULT: When a patient is booking an appointment, they will have to enter their card details and pay the deposit, which will be reflected in their account within Halaxy.
How patients make an online booking
When you enable Online Bookings, your Online Bookings page is automatically built for you based on the details you have set to be visible in your Online Booking Preferences and which fees and Appointment Types you have set to be visible.
Patients can visit your directory profile or the directory profile for your clinic to make an online booking. They then complete four steps to make an online booking:
- Select the practitioner and service they require based on your visible fees:
- Select a time in your calendar:
- Fill in their details and add any appointment notes they want you to see:
- Verify their mobile phone number by entering in a verification code sent to their mobile phone. This is required for security, confidentiality and medical ethics purposes.
If the verification code is entered correctly, the booking is sent through to you and the patient receives confirmation via email that their online booking (or online booking request) has been sent to you. If the verification code is entered incorrectly, the patient can request that the verification code is resent and they can re-enter it.
If the patient's name, email address and phone number match a patient profile in your Patient List, the patient only needs to be verified the first time that they make an online booking and never needs to be verified again. Patients without a matching patient name, email address and phone number must complete the verification each time they make an online booking.
Online booking notifications
When a patient has made or requested an online booking, you are notified in three ways:
- A notification appears on your dashboard (the bell icon at the top of the screen);
- by email or SMS (if you have enabled email or SMS online booking notifications); and
- the appointment appears on your calendar.
Click the Notifications (bell) icon to view booking details. You can see:
- The patient's name, which you can click to go to their patient profile;
- The booking time or requested time of the booking, which you can view by clicking Appointment to go to the appointment on your calendar (where you can accept the request by setting the Appointment Status to Booked);
- Booking notes from the patient about the appointment; and
- The Confirm button (if you have online bookings set to make appointments in Pending or Waiting List status).
Online booking notifications will remain in your Notifications list even after you have made the appointment. You can remove the notification by clicking Dismiss.
Accepting online bookings
If you have online bookings set to make appointments in Booked status, online bookings are automatically accepted when they are made by the patient.
If you have online bookings set to make appointments in Pending or Waiting List status, you can click the Confirm button in the notification or set the appointment status to Booked to confirm the booking.